Release 10, Split Stave by Kelvin (Rye)
Release 10, Batch 10
Split Stave™ by Kelvin
Split Stave™ by Kelvin is a new twist and a return to innovative Split Stave™ casks designed and produced exclusively for Four Gate Whiskey Company by Kelvin Cooperage.
These casks are built by Kelvin by constructing a series of medium-toasted casks and a series of #2 char casks. The barrels were broken down before use and reassembled into Split Stave™ casks with alternating toasted and charred staves. The result combines the marshmallow and crème brulee sweetness of toasted barrels with the smoky oak of a double-barrel. The underlying whiskey is 7 year old Straight Rye Whiskey distilled in Indiana to a mash bill of 95% rye and 5% malted barley. 2,439 Bottles were produced at full cask strength of 112.5 proof.
Split Stave™ by Kelvin (Batch 10) stats
- Straight Rye Whiskey Finished in New American White Oak Toasted and Charred Casks
- Mash Bill : 95% Rye, 5% Malted Barley
- 112.5 Proof
- 2,439 Bottles
- MSRP: $185
TASTING NOTES FROM THE CHIEF BLENDIGN OFFICER:
- Appearance: Amber
- Nose: Mint, toasted marshmallows, oak, candied citrus.
- Taste: The front palate is greeted by sweet crème brulee while toasted marshmallows line the perimeter. The rear palate gets a hint of black pepper and spices with pleasing warm oak.
- Finish: Medium in length, spicy notes and marshmallows mingle on the mid palate.
Batch 10 Press
BATCH 10 PRESS RELEASE
BATCH 10 PHOTOS