Release 14: Old Sherry Pike
Release 14, Batch 14
Old Sherry Pike
All of our previous batches that were re-aged in a used barrel utilized some sort of dual-finish cask; either a cask used to age two spirits previously, or a combination of two different finish casks. This time, bob sourced some amazing Oloroso Sherry barrels through Kelvin Cooperage and we couldn’t wait to let you try them. They were so nutty and sweet, we didn’t want to add anything else to it. So we blended a 6-year Kentucky Straight Bourbon and a 12-year Kentucky Straight Bourbon and let it rest of 88 days in those wonderful Oloroso casks.
Old Sherry Pike (RELEASE 14) Stats
- Blend of 6-year and 12-year Kentucky Straight bourbon Whiskeys
- 6-year Mash Bill: 78% Corn, 10% Rye, 12% Malted Barley
- 12-year Mash Bill: 74% Corn, 18% Rye, 8% Malted Barley
- Non-Chill Filtered
- 118.9 Proof
- 1,757 Bottles
- MSRP: $199.00
- Available: August 2021 in Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia, Indiana, Louisiana, Seelbachs.com, Boubonoutfitter.com, and caskers.com
TASTING NOTES FROM THE CHIEF BLENDING OFFICER
- Appearance: Dark and Rich
- Nose: After it breathes, there are nutty characteristics with spice and vanilla.
- Taste: Nutty, fruity and plenty of black pepper spice, the palate gets plenty of traditional bourbon flavors paired with sweet sherry notes.
- Finish: Long, with almonds and faint red grapes interplaying throughout.
Batch 14 Press
BATCH 14 PRESS RELEASE
BATCH 14 PHOTOS