Release 7, River Kelvin Rye
Release 7, Batch 7
River Kelvin Rye
For our first ever Rye, we selected the best barrels of 7 year old Indiana Straight Rye Whiskey we could find and blended them. The resulting whiskey is spicy and yet fruit-forward for a refreshing sip. Presented without barrel finishing, this whiskey is a great sip on its own, and will be bottled with at least two additional barrel finishes over the next year for a before-and-after presentation.
River Kelvin Rye (RELEASE 7) Stats
- 7 Year Old Indiana Straight Rye Whiskey
- Mash Bill: 95% Rye, 5% Malted Barley
- Non-Chill Filtered
- 113.2 Proof
- 1,484 Bottles
- MSRP: $175.00
- Available: July 2020 in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Seelbachs.com
TASTING NOTES FROM THE CHIEF BLENDING OFFICER
- Appearance: Medium Amber
- Nose: Mint, candied citrus, lemon zest, black pepper, dill.
- Taste: A splash of refreshing mint hits the tip of the tongue and is followed by candied oranges and lemon zest on the mid palate. The rear palate is greeted with spicy black pepper and sweet citrus.
- Finish: Medium in length, the black pepper, spice, and lemon zest coat the mouth with a pleasingly refreshing finish.
Batch 7 Press
BATCH 7 PRESS RELEASE
BATCH 7 PHOTOS