Release 8, Tennessee Foundation
Release 8, Batch 8
In late 2019 and early 2020, Four Gate Whiskey Company released two unfinished Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey batches, dubbed “Foundation.” Due to the extremely limited amount of whiskey available, only a handful of those bottles made it to our second major market in Tennessee – or outside of Kentucky at all. To make up for that, the company is releasing a micro-batch of Tennessee Straight Bourbon Whiskey available in ALL of Four Gate’s markets. The batch is called “Tennessee Foundation.”
We selected and blended five barrels of 10-year-old Tennessee Straight Bourbon with a mash bill of 84% corn, 8% rye, and 8% malted barley.
Tennessee Foundation (RELEASE 8) Stats
- 10 Year Old Tennessee Straight Bourbon Whiskey
- Mash Bill: 84% Corn, 8% Rye, 8% Malted Barley
- Non-Chill Filtered
- 112.2 Proof
- 812 Bottles
- MSRP: $149.00
- Available: July 2020 in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Seelbachs.com
- Appearance: Medium Amber
- Nose: Mint, candied citrus, lemon zest, black pepper, dill.
- Taste: A splash of refreshing mint hits the tip of the tongue and is followed by candied oranges and lemon zest on the mid palate. The rear palate is greeted with spicy black pepper and sweet citrus.
- Finish: Medium in length, the black pepper, spice, and lemon zest coat the mouth with a pleasingly refreshing finish.
Batch 8 Press
BATCH 8 PRESS RELEASE
BATCH 8 PHOTOS